The Prizes for Excellence in Doctoral Thesis Supervision
The Doctoral School of the University of Alcalá is committed to excellence in the scientific and technical training of our doctoral students. With this aim of extending the culture of quality and continuous improvement, the Managing Committee of the School, at its session of 23 September 2015, approved the Prizes for Excellence in Doctoral Thesis Supervision.
The creation of these prizes is intended to recognise the work carried out by University of Alcalá teaching staff towards achieving results in the field of researcher training. The following goals are intended:
- To stimulate and give visibility to quality doctoral thesis supervision.
- To take the prize-winners as models for other supervisors.
- To be a means of encouraging teaching staff to constantly give the best of themselves and thus to continue achieving good results.
Categories and subcategories
A total of four prizes will be awarded in two categories and two subcategories:
- Prize for “senior” supervisors, for those who, on the date the prize call is published, are 40 years of age or older.
- Prize for “junior” supervisors, for those who, on the date the prize call is published, are under the age of 40.
- Subcategories: Each category will be divided into two subcategories
- Prizes for supervisors in the fields of the sciences, health sciences, engineering and architecture.
- Prizes for supervisors in the fields of the humanities and legal and social sciences.